Steam cleaning is a natural — though high-tech — method of cleaning wooden floors by using hot water vapor.
Steaming completely removes germs, bacteria, grime, and tough stains that exist on surfaces. A good steam mop should do this without damaging your floor.
You should exercise caution when steam cleaning a hardwood floor to avoid water pooling on the floor.
Moisture or any liquid can get absorbed into the wood through any tiny openings and crevices on the surface and areas where finish is not consistent. This can cause wood to swell, twist, and warp .
We have reviewed the following as top rated steam cleaners based on their versatility, heating time, tank size, other key features, and user ratings.
Best Steam Mops for Hardwood Floors
OUR TOP PICK
The BISSELL PowerFresh is a quality steam mop that has great performance in cleaning.
This versatile steam and floor cleaner has high cleaning capabilities even with dried-on dirt and can also be used on multiple surfaces including tiles.
The ease of use, versatility and reasonable price makes it the best-selling steam mop on Amazon.
Design and features
- 23-foot long power cord
- Removable tank
- 6 pounds weight
- Fast and powerful heating feature that makes it ready to use in 30 seconds.
- Has three levels of steam control: low, medium, and high, so you can choose based on your need.
- Uses only steam to clean and sanitize hardwood floors. It does not require cleaning chemicals or solutions.
- Has an easy scrubber brush that flips down — suitable for tough spots and hardened gunk.
- Comes with two replaceable mop pads that have fragrance pockets, a soft pad for regular cleaning, and a scrubby one for tough spots and dirt.
- The 23-foot power cord is long enough for a wider cleaning range
- Removable water tank makes it convenient to fill over the sink and it lasts a long time.
- BISSELL PowerFresh comes with fragrance discs which can be inserted under the mop pad to make your hardwood floor smell good.
- Suitable for various floor types, including tile, and the swivel steering makes it easy to use.
- Mop pad cloth fits around the head completely, creating a bumper that prevents scratching floor edges, walls, and furniture legs.
- Kills household germs. Enough said.
- Light and easy to carry around.
- Easy to assemble and quiet while cleaning.
- Requires only a few swipes to clean dried-up dirt.
- Covered by a 2-year warranty.
- The hardwood floor can take a little while to dry, especially when you use the highest steam mode. This can be an issue when your floor is not properly sealed.
O-Cedar Microfiber Steam Mop is a budget friendly, versatile, and efficient steam mop for cleaning hardwood floors.
The cushioned, triangular mop head makes it unique and easy to use in corners. It comes with attachments for spot cleaning carpets. It's light and sturdily built with quality plastic.
- Takes only 20 seconds to heat water to steam.
- 5 pound weight makes it easy to move around.
- 400ml capacity water tank is filled with a special cup without spilling or causing mess
- The mop head is triangular in shape, making it fit impressively well in corners, as well as around molds and furniture.
- The head swivels at 360 degrees, making it easy to maneuver around objects in the room.
- Has cushioned microfiber pads that protect a hardwood floor's surface against scratching while cleaning.
- Versatile and efficient in clearing stains, smears, and tough dirt on surfaces.
- Naturally kills 99.9% of germs and household bacteria.
- The constant steam is regulated by a simple on/off switch which most users find convenient.
- O-Cedar Microfiber Steam Mop has three levels of steam adjustment — low, medium and high — making it suitable for moderate and serious cleaning.
- It leaves less moisture on the floor than many others, making the floor dry faster.
- It has a 2-year warranty.
- The user may not know when the tank is getting empty due to the lack of a warning signal.
- Since there is no trigger system, you need to be keen with water levels to ensure you do not damage your machine, especially when it is running empty.
- Some buyers have complained about the difficulty of removing stains on pads when washing them.
- It is mainly plastic so you need to be careful when handling it.
This type of cleaner relies on steam to loosen the stuck-on stains on the floor so that the cleaning pad can remove it with ease.
The steam is dissipated by a spray trigger that is regulated by the digital steam controls on the handle. This allows you to control the amount of steam to use on different floor types in three steam modes.
The steam produced by the cleaner is distributed along the surface of the cleaner to cover a large surface area for faster cleaning. The cleaner comes with two cleaning pads that you can remove, wash, and reuse later.
There are two types of cleaning pads. One is a soft microfiber pad for use on soft stains and soft floor types. The other pad is made of microfiber and has hard scrubbing strips for use on hard stains.
It also comes with a tangle-free, long cord that allows you to move around freely while cleaning large rooms.
Steam is not only designed to just clean stains and dirt, but it is also designed to kill bacteria and allergens on the floor. This helps protect you and your family from the risk of catching diseases.
When dealing with this type of cleaner, you do not have to come into contact with icky dirt debris; you just press a button to release the dirt grip pad into the hamper.
- Considerably cheaper than most vacuum cleaners.
- Steam technology also kills bacteria and allergens.
- Relies on a tangle-free long cord to allow you to clean larger square footage.
- Suitable for use on different types of floors.
- Has digital steam controls so that you can regulate the amount of steam on the floor type you are working on.
- Has a hygienic dirt grip pad so that you do not have to touch the dirt debris.
- Small and light, so can be maneuvered with ease.
- Has a large water tank capacity, meaning you do not have to keep refilling it.
- Not very suitable for picking up pet hair.
- Is not designed for use on high above-floor surfaces like the ceiling.
- The runtime is considerably shorter than other types of cleaners.
This is the best multipurpose steam mop. It's safe and easy to clean homes with pets. BISSELL PowerFresh naturally sanitizes and cleans sealed hardwood floors and other surfaces using natural steam. It kills 99.9% of germs and bacteria.
It comes with 2 pads: a soft microfiber pad for everyday cleaning and a microfiber scrubby pad for sticky mess. In the box you will also find fragrance discs for eliminating bad smells on surfaces. It also includes attachable water cups, 13 tools in a tool bag, and a microfiber towel.
The 25-foot long power cord makes it convenient to cover large areas. Filling the tank is also not a problem. Just like the original Bissell PowerFresh 1940 steam mop, this model also heats up within 30 seconds. The 13 specialized tools can be used to clean other surfaces such as counters, windows, sinks, carpets, and more.
It also has a flip-down scrubber that is meant to deal with sticky dirt and spots such as pet mess. Scented discs are suitable to give your surfaces a fresh smell and also to clear pet odors. The microfiber pads are hand- or machine-washable. The 2-year warranty is important in the event that your machine breaks down.
- Has a great cord length for larger coverage
- Easy to operate and use
- Has adjustable steam settings ranging from high to low
- Comes with lots of attachments for effective functionality
- Has a good cleaning path width and handles corners well
- Swivel head makes it easy to maneuver
- Floors dry quickly after using this steam mop
- Has reusable and machine washable mop pads
- Replacement parts are readily available
- Does not collect dirt and water from any dents found in your floor
- Not self-propelled and thus needs to be pushed around
- Requires distilled or demineralized water, which can be an extra cost
- Bristles of the grout brush aren't durable
This hard floor steam mop comes highly recommended.
For example, on the Amazon website, after well over 3,500 individual customer ratings, the average Amazon customer comes in at a very impressive four and a half stars out of a possible five.
And it’s available at a very good price too.
It’s super simple to use. You just add a little water to the tank, and holding the handle activates the steam which travels to the specially designed mop pad in just 20 seconds.
The mop pad is made up of three layers which are designed for efficient penetration of the steam through the mop pad onto the hard floor.
Not only does this microfiber pad provide excellent absorption, but it also provides great friction as well, which, together with the steam, makes it easy to lift even the most stubborn stains from hardwood floors.
These mop pads are readily available when the old ones have seen better days and it comes time to buy new ones.
If you also happen to have carpet in your home, you can buy a special carpet slider for the mop that will freshen up your carpet.
There’s a 1-year manufacturer warranty available and there’s a great customer service team on hand too.
- Highly recommended
- Great price point
- Works on all hard floors
- Tackles stubborn stains
- Attachment for carpet is sold separately
Reliable Steamboy is a reliable hardwood floor steam cleaner that protects your floor against germs and bacteria.
The instant moisture sanitizes your floor, removes dirt while scrubbing, and leaves it sparkling clean. It is a strong performer, though isn't as popular (yet?) as the other mentioned best steam mops for hardwood floors.
- Has a compact, triangular mop head that fits comfortably in corners and tight spaces.
- Steam produced also reaches all the edges.
- Turning is smooth compared to the Bissell or Shark, which have swivel steering.
- Comes with two thick microfiber pads that reliably clean the floor since they capture more dirt in one swipe.
- Can also be used on a variety of floors such as tiles or linoleum.
- Has an integrated scrubber that deals with grout and spots.
- Has an attachment feature for a carpet glider that you can use to sanitize spots on carpets.
- Has a replaceable water filter, so it can be used with tap water without clogging.
- Heats up fast to produce dry steam that does well on sealed wood floors.
- Sturdy due to a combination of thick plastic and a metal shaft.
- Has a 1-year warranty
- A few users have complained about breakdowns after a few months of use, and we hope the manufacturers have done something about that. There are no other downsides reported.
This device utilizes both steam blaster technology and steam control to give amazing results. It is the latest of the Sharks and has added features.
Shark Lift-Away Pro Steam Pocket Mop has pocket mop pads that are fitted on both sides of the cleaning head, so that when one side gets dirty you can flip and use the other one. The device has a touch free pad so that the user does not use hands to release the mop pads after cleaning.
The device is a lightweight steam mop that weighs 4.8 pounds and is 51.2 inches in height. It has a 22-foot long cord plus a detachable cleaning head situated at the bottom. It has a water tank, control buttons, and comes with a hose. The rectangular mop head and a triangular scrubber head makes it suitable for all areas of floor cleaning.
- Suitable for cleaning large surface areas, edges and corners.
- The user does not need to dirty their hand while trying to release the mop pads.
- Has steam blaster that is useful for stains and stubborn spots.
- The cleaner has three steam setting, where the lowest is suitable for hardwood floors.
- High heating power: takes only 30 seconds for steam to form.
- Large water tank of 500ml.
- Comes with a flask that is used for water filling.
- It has a 3-foot hose to easily reach areas above the floor.
- It is easily converted to handheld.
- Fixed water tank that is not removable.
This steam mop has removable mopping pads which can be washed and reused.
They come in two pairs, so that you can use one pair to clean while the other one dries. One pair is soft, which is meant for cleaning soft flooring materials like carpets, while the hard cleaning pair of pads is meant for hard floors. This allows for the cleaner to be used on various types of floors.
The cleaner is completely silent and you can use it without even waking a baby. The pads are designed to spin around while cleaning, something that makes the cleaner suitable for cleaning along the edges of the floor.
It comes with a cleaning formula tank that you can open and refill. The cleaning solution is regulated by a trigger button so that you can control the right amount of solution to use on different floor types.
In the box, you also find two cleaning formulas that are meant for use on hard and soft flooring materials.
- Lightweight so that you maneuver it with ease while cleaning.
- Comes with two cleaning formulas.
- Suitable for cleaning along the edges because of the spinning pads.
- Silent, so you do not have to worry about the noise.
- Does an excellent job on both hard sealed floors and soft floors.
- Cleaning solution is easy to open and refill.
- Has an on-demand spray trigger to regulate the cleaning solution.
- Is relatively cheap so you do not have to break the bank.
- Has quite a short runtime of about 20 minutes, which may not be enough to clean a single room.
- Does not automatically switch between the pads for different types of floors.
This is one of the cheapest steam mops on the market and is the best choice for a tight budget. The cleaner comes with a tangle-free 25-foot cord that allows you to go around the room without limitation.
It also comes with an easy-fill tank that is easily refilled with cleaning solution. The tank is easy to open, with just a popup button. It also prevents the possibility of solution spills. Most importantly, the cleaner comes with breeze fragrance discs that clear your room of odors and leave it smelling fresh.
The cleaner comes with two microfiber pads. One is soft microfiber for use on easy stains on soft flooring materials. The other is microfiber with hard scrubbing strips for use on hard stains on hard floors. The pads are designed to rotate, making the cleaner easy to use along the edges on the floor, which are the hardest to clean.
The cleaner head and the handle are connected with a spinning joint, making it easy to maneuver in any direction while cleaning. The cleaner also comes with digital controls for the amount of steam to use on different floor materials, so that you do not damage the hard sealant on hardwood floors.
The cleaner relies on steam that does not just clean, but also kills bacteria and allergens on the floor. The cleaner weighs just a few pounds and is small, something that makes it easy to maneuver while cleaning.
- One of the cheapest options for steam mops available on the market.
- Has an easy-to-fill solution and water tank.
- Helps to remove bad odors and leaves your room smelling nice.
- Has a tangle-free, long cord that allows for extended reach in the room or even other rooms.
- Has two microfiber pads for use on different types of flooring materials.
- Has digital steam control that help protect hard sealant on hardwood floors.
- Is not designed to pick up pet hairs.
- The steam produced by the cleaner can make the room humid.
- Comes with a shortened run time, which is not ideal for deep heavy duty cleaning.
- Cannot be used for cleaning high surfaces like the ceiling.
This type of mop cleaner comes with the largest water tank capacity among other mop cleaners so produce ample steam during deep cleaning.
The water tank is easy to open and close when refilling, with just a pop-up button. After you refill it, steam production is instantaneous.
The amount of steam you apply on different floor surfaces is regulated by the digital controls on the handle. The steam is not just meant for cleaning, but it is also meant for killing bacteria and other allergens that might be present on the floor.
This helps protect you and your pet from falling sick. The handle is connected to the cleaning head by a flexible joint so you can maneuver the cleaner in all directions, with just a flick of the wrist.
This mop is small and very light, something that allows you to use the cleaner for longer without getting tired. This also makes the cleaner easy to store.
The dirt grip pad is easy and simple to attach while cleaning and detach when emptying the mop. It comes with two replaceable and reusable cleaning pads that are made of soft microfiber, but one has stiff strips for scrubbing hard stains.
The steam produced is used to moisturize and loosen stubborn spots so that they can be removed by the cleaning pad easily.
- Is light and small to carry around so that you do not get tired during cleaning.
- Can be used on different floor types, enabled by the two cleaning pads.
- Does not rely on chemicals to remove stains.
- The steam produced by the mop cleaner is also used to kill bacteria and germs, keeping you healthy.
- Has a larger water tank than other mop cleaners.
- Has a hygienic, touch-free dirt grip pad.
- On-demand steam is ready almost instantly, within the first 30 seconds.
- Has a tangle-free, long cord that allows a larger cleaning radius.
- More expensive than other mop cleaners.
- Cannot be used for heavy-duty cleaning.
- Not suitable for use on high surfaces like the ceiling.
- Runtime is short and does not allow for cleaning larger rooms.
- Does not help in cleaning unsightly pet hair.
What makes this mop cleaner so effective in cleaning is the fact it comes in two multi-layered pads that allow the permeability of steam and maximum friction while cleaning.
The lower layer is made of microfiber fabric that allows for cleaning on the hardwood floor without damaging the sealant. The steam is meant to moisturize and loosen the tough stains on the floor's surface.
The steam is also meant to kill bacteria and germs that may be on the floor.
The cleaner also comes in a refillable water tank that is quite large compared to other steam mop cleaners.
The cleaner can dispense the steam at varying rates to accommodate different types of floor materials since they do not all require the same amount of steam.
It is also very light and small so you won't get tired quickly. Most importantly, the cleaner comes with a separate glider for cleaning raised surfaces like stairs and upholstery.
The glider is also meant to remove pet odors and leaves your room smelling fresh. The cleaner, just like most steam mop cleaners, comes with a 20-foot tangle-free cord that allows you to cover a large radius while cleaning.
After refilling the water tank, the cleaner produces steam within the first 30 seconds so that you get to make most of your cleaning time.
Similarly, after cleaning the floor, it only takes up to 30 seconds for the steam to dry off. So, there's no need to worry about the steam humidifying the room.
- Consists of three-layered cleaning pads.
- Is light and small so that your hands do not get tired while cleaning.
- Comes with a separate glider for cleaning stairs and upholstery.
- Has three steam levels to accommodate different types of floors.
- Relatively cheap if you are working on a low budget.
- Has a long cord to allow you to cover more square footage.
- Gets rid of bad odors and freshens up the rooms.
- Has a soft rubber handle for maintaining grip.
- Does not help in cleaning pet hair from the floor.
- Is not very reliable for cleaning larger surface areas.
- Cannot be used to clean surfaces above the floor like the ceiling.
- Has smaller water tank capacity than some cleaners.
Just like its name suggests, this type of mop cleaner is your solution to all the cleaning problems in your home, and all this comes at the affordable price of just $45.97.
The cleaner can be transformed into a handheld version that has multi-purpose usage in your home.
The handheld can be used as a steam iron box to remove wrinkles on light clothing like dresses and shirts. It can also be used to clean stains from bathroom walls and floors, as well as kitchen countertops.
The handheld version is also good for defrosting as well as cleaning stains in the fridge. The handheld is best for cleaning raised surfaces like stairs and upholstery. The cleaner is designed to start releasing steam when you tilt the handle and start to drag the cleaner.
The steam stops being released when you return the cleaner to an upright position. It also has three levels of steam cleaning to allow you to release the amount of steam you require for a given floor type.
The handle features a smart touch sensor that allows for the release of steam when you hold it. The steam released by the cleaner has several purposes, but primarily it moisturizes and loosens dirt debris so that it can be easily removed by the cleaning pad.
With this all in one steam mop cleaner, you do not have to use chemicals to clean stuck-on stains from your surfaces. This means that you and your pet are protected from the chemical odors. This also makes it safe for everyone.
- Considering this is a multi-purpose cleaner, it is relatively cheap for its qualities and capabilities.
- Is light and small, making it easy to store.
- Is multi-purpose, so you do not have to buy extra cleaning equipment.
- Has multiple levels of steam, cleaning to allow you to clean several floor types.
- Helps remove bad pet odors.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty and 24-hour customer service, something that you will not likely get with other products in the market.
- Is not designed for cleaning ceilings.
- Is not very suitable for cleaning pet hair.
- The water tank could be bigger.
The 10-in-1 Steam Mop Cleaner by Pursteam is designed with premium quality components to deliver fast and effective cleaning. Not only does it clean hardwood floors with ease, but it can also be used to clean carpets and, when used in handheld mode, it can clean glass and windows too.
As a versatile product, the handheld function allows you to go beyond simply cleaning floors and also enables you to clean hard-to-access areas easily. This steam cleaner kills 99.99% of germs without using harsh chemicals, making it safe for use around pets and children.
Equipped with 3 adjustable modes, you can select the appropriate setting to suit the area to be cleaned. Ready to use in 30 seconds, you can begin cleaning right away.
- Weighing only 2.2 pounds, this cleaner is easy to lift and transport around your home.
- Backed with a 2-year warranty.
- As a multifunctional tool, it is suitable for use on a range of surfaces.
- On the lowest setting, the reservoir lasts for around 20 to 25 minutes.
- Equipped with multiple accessories so you are ready to begin cleaning.
- Some may find this cleaner a little small.
Best Steam Mops for Hardwood Floors Buying Guide
How to Choose the Best Steam Mop for Hardwood Floors
The type of mop you choose will depend on your budget, how much space you need to cover, and — generally — your expectations regarding your mop. There are plenty of options out there, and even budget-friendly items can get the job done. It just depends on what that job is, and just how picky you are about cleaning. When it comes to wood floors, cleaner means better.
Important Tips when using a Steam Mop
- Always keep the cloth clean and dry. Changing the cloth quite often gives you a beautifully streak free floor.
- Remember to always lift the mop off the floor when triggering steam. This ensures the cloth is quite damp and hot. Direct blasts of steam on the floor may damage it.
- Do not continuously blast steam directly on any spot on the floor that you find sticky in an attempt to lift it. Gently use the mop to scrub and possible with a recommended cleaner such as a mild diluted soap.
- If you notice streaks on the floor once it has dried, think about changing the cleaning solution and using drier floor cloths than before.
- Always remove dust and grit from your floor before steam cleaning. This will prevent scratches, lines, and unwanted marks.
- Since most steam mops run on water alone, you can add a cleaning solution with neutral pH in your steamer.
- You should ensure that your hardwood floors are completely sealed before steam cleaning.
- Not all wooden floors go well with steam mops. Some cheap or poorly done laminates can't handle any steam. They can badly get damaged and make you worry about what to do.
- Steam mops should be used correctly in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines and instructions. Always read them on the labels and follow them strictly to prevent your floor from getting destroyed.
- Some wood floors are strictly restricted from the use of steam mops. The warranty may become null and void if you attempt to steam them. Therefore, read and understand what the manufacturer or installer says.
- The type of water you use in your steam mop may have an effect on your floor. Distilled water is the best. Tap water may contain elements that may destroy the surface of your floor or may give it streaks, white haze, or a cloudy look.
- You should not use too much steam since the excessive moisture has a high potential of damaging your floor. In the long run, you will start to notice warping and discoloration of the surface. Always trigger a small amount of steam that can only make the head cloth damp. If the cloth becomes saturated, consider replacing it with a drier one. That will keep you on the safe side.
- Too much scrubbing when combined with a blast of hot moisture can rub away the floor finish.
How to use a Steam Mop on Hardwood Floors – Steps
Once you have removed dust and loose dirt particles such as food debris you can now follow these steps:
- With distilled water, fill the steamer’s water canister. You may consider adding a cleaning solution with neutral pH.
- Examine the filters and ensure they are clean before beginning cleaning.
- Ensure the canister is well placed then begin heating water to steam.
- Push the machine forward as it release the steam and then backwards to allow the cloth to wipe away dirt.
- Always start at the corner as you move from one side to the other until the room is completely clean
What to Look for in a Steam Mop
The following are the features to consider when choosing a steam mop for a hardwood floor:
Steam control: The best steamer should have a steam control feature. This gives the user the ability to regulate the amount of steam released on the floor depending on the need.
Ease of use: The machine should have a long enough power cord, a power button, an empty reservoir indicator, and a user manual.
Attachments: Attachments include mop pads and other detachable accessories. The pads must be high quality and easy to maintain.
Tank capacity: The water/steam reservoir should be well balanced between weight and size. Small tanks will require the user to fill more often during cleaning. Therefore, a relatively large tank is better.
Warranty: The machine should have a valid warranty. This is usually important during break down where the seller or manufacturer can easily replace it.
Benefits of Using a Steam Mop
Here are the advantages of using a steam mop over other methods of cleaning hard floors:
A steam mop uses natural water only to clean and sanitize surfaces, unlike other methods that might utilize harsh cleaning chemicals.
You are guaranteed a safe environment for both family and pets after steam cleaning. There is no worry of poisonous emissions or residue that may harm your furry friends.
2. Safe on all surfaces
Unlike a traditional mop that may leave a film of water on the surface, which can be dangerous to wooden floors, a steam mop only uses blasts of steam.
A steam mop can be useful on many types of hardwood, as long as you know your wood can handle it.
3. Easy to use
Using a steam mop can help tackle a large task without much effort. Cleaning is effortless — you won't have to even bend your back, unlike mopping.
There are also light, handheld steam mops for simple tackling of above-the-floor tasks such as upholstery, walls, ceilings, and cabinets.
4. Eliminates 99.9 % of Germs
Steam mops help sanitize and disinfect floors and various surfaces. The heated steam is too hot for microbes to withstand.
Steam cleaning kills 99.9% of household germs and bacteria. It is therefore the best cleaning device for pet owners.
5. Cost effective
After buying a steam mop, it becomes less costly in the long run. There are no other additional cleaning solutions to purchase.
Steam cleaning only utilizes water and a few units of power for a sparkling surface.
Limitations of Using a Steam Mop
The following are disadvantages of steam cleaning:
- Steam mops are more expensive than traditional mops.
- Extra-stubborn stains may require you to remove them manually using a traditional mop or scrubbing.
- Changing mop pads regularly and washing them can also be an expense.
- Steam mops can break down in the middle of cleaning, just like any machine.
- The devices can also harm your floor if not well used.
Are Steam Mops OK for Hardwood Floors?
Steam mops can work well if you correctly use the right type of machine on the right type of floor. Many wood floor manufacturers and flooring agencies such as National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA) have warned against using steam on hardwood floors.
Nevertheless, you can use the low steam setting to clean and sanitize your sealed hardwood floors. Do not use this method if your floors are unsealed or have a broken finish. Be sure to read and follow the manufacturer’s instruction for a perfect outcome and cleaning experience.
The Bottom Line
- BISSELL PowerFresh is best when your house has a combination of wood floors and tiles or linoleum.
- O-Cedar Microfiber is suitable for a house that has complete wooden flooring or tiles.
- Shark can handle multiple floors since it has been made with combined features found in BISSELL and O-cedar.
Hardwood floors are welcoming, timeless, and a symbol of treasure. They are beautiful and always add some radiance to a home thanks to the breathtaking natural grain patterns.
There is every reason to keep hardwood floors clean. Cleaning acts as a way of adding more life to your floor and creates a healthy environment for household members.