Cleaning is a regular routine in every home. It therefore ought to be simple and enjoyable.
Deep cleaning is always a tedious process that it involves removing of loose dirt debris through vacuuming or dusting and then followed by moping with a cleaning solution.
What is the best vacuum and mop combo for a hardwood floor?
There is every reason to smile thanks to vacuum and mop combos. These are special multi surface cleaning machines that combine both modern and traditional cleaning into one.
With one go, you are cleaning dirt debris such as dust from both the floor and air while at the same time you are mopping. Isn’t that what you have been yearning for?
Vacuum and mop combos have a lot of benefits over other methods of cleaning. They greatly save on time and energy thus no more exhaustion. After mopping, you are also sure that the air around is fresh and healthy. Without forgetting, all household germs and bacteria will be killed after thanks to steam cleaning.
If this are good news to you, I know you are now thinking of getting one combo for your home cleaning. But, what is the best hardwood floor vacuum and mop combos you can purchase?
We have zoomed down on the following five as the top rated in the world.
Top 5 Best Hardwood Floor Vacuum and Mop Combos of 2020
OUR TOP PICK
BISSELL is a renowned brand in cleaning and there is every reason you will love their floor and carpet cleaner wet and dry vacuum cleaner.
The machine mops and cleans floors or carpets at the same time. Isn’t it interesting?
- BISSELL CrossWave 1785A is a multi-surface cleaner. That means you can use on sealed hard floors such as laminate, hardwood and on area rugs such as carpet.
- For impeccable cleaning, this machine is equipped with Dual Action Multi Surface Brush Rolls. The Innovative Microfiber and Nylon Brush simultaneously mops and collects any dry dirt debris.
- There are two fitted tank systems that separately keeps fresh cleaning solution and the dirty water.
- Smart controls are placed rightfully on the handle to easily control cleaning solutions and switch between hard floors or are rugs.
- Multi surface cleaner with a press of a button to choose between hard floors and are rug
- Easy to reach solution controls on the handle
- Vacuums and mops at the same time thus saves time
- The two tank system for the cleaner solution and dirty water can make it heavy when full.
Here comes another versatile cleaning machine from BISSELL that comes with 4 mop pads.
The two in one vacuum and steam mop gives you the opportunity to clean dirt debris, sticky dirt and grime and at the same time killing germs and bacteria from your floors. Don’t you like that?
- A vacuum and a steam mop all in one that saves you time while cleaning and sanitizing hard floors.
- Uses hot water to produce steam that kills 99.9% of household germs and bacteria
- Equipped with digital controls that makes it fun and easy to use.
- The 5-way adjustable handle makes it comfortable for anyone to use
- This combo has a 25-ft long power cord
- The quick release mop pad tray makes it easy to utilize the 4 mop pads while cleaning
- BISSELL Symphony 1132A has a dry tank technology that keeps tank dry during steaming
- The cleaner has a 12.8 oz. tank capacity
- Besides cleaning, it also sanitizes hard floors by killing 99.9% of microorganisms
- Comfortable to use by anyone regardless of height due to adjustable handle
- The power cord is long enough for large area coverage
- The tank capacity is large enough and can be emptied easily
- Cleaning outcome is perfect thanks to 4 mop pads
- Steam cleaning and vacuuming at the same time saves time and energy
- It can give you hard time to use if you don’t read the manual
- Not that perfect on large-pile area rugs
- Filters need to be cleaned and replaced
This is a robotic vacuum and mop cleaner that offers high levels of convenience since it can operate without physical interaction with the operator thanks to Wi-Fi connectivity and smart navigation.
Ideal for pet hair cleaning, carpet and hard floors. Roborock S5 Robotic Mop and Vacuum Cleaner can sweep, vacuum and mop without leaving any traces of dirt or stains.
- The robot sweeps, vacuums and mop at the same time in a synchronized manner
- Utilizes smart technologies such as navigation maps, plans and schedules
- Self-recharging ability by docking and recharging when out of power
- Perfectly navigates around furniture or large obstacles as it cleans
- Can be connected to a smartphone app and be commanded from away
- It has a strong suction power making it perfect for picking pet hair and other small debris
- Has various modes of working depending on the type of surface
- Battery run time is long and it can go up to 150 minutes nonstop
- This robot vacuum is less noisy regardless of the cleaning mode or type of surface
- Smart App controls gives maximum convenience to operate the cleaner
- Ideal for both small and large rooms
- Strong suction power makes it the best for perfect cleaning
- Long run time can allow large cleaning area before recharging
- Quiet and does not scare pets
- Comes with a 12 month warranty
- Not effective on large-pile and dark carpets
- Does not perfectly access corners of the room
- Brushes sometimes get entangled
Buying this all in one cleaner also promotes conservation of our pets.
According to the manufacturers, $10 on every pet product purchased is channeled to BISSELL pet foundation.
- This machine vacuums and cleans your sealed hard floors and area rugs at the same time.
- BISSELL CrossWave 2306A is equipped with a pet strainers and a multi surface pet brush roll that uses an innovative microfiber and nylon brush to mop and pick up dry debris at the same time.
- Comes with a specialized solution for dealing with pet odors thus leaves your home smelling fresh.
- The combo has a 25 feet power cord that makes it possible to cover large cleaning areas.
- Washes hard floors and vacuum at the same time
- Can be used on upholstery and area rugs
- Equipped with a fresh pet solution that takes care of odors
- Best for pet hair and other form of dirt
- Easy to assemble, operate and use
- Tough and versatile
- Scrubbing brush may load a lot of water making thus taking time to dry from the floor
- Fitted filter in water tank sometimes get clogged
This is a vacuum and steam mop combo from BISELL that is effective for cleaning pet mess from your hardwood floors and tiles.
It works as a steam cleaner and vacuum at the same time. Buying this product not only saves you cleaning hustle but also helps in conserving our pets thanks to BISSELL Pet Foundation.
The machine effectively picks up pet hair and other debris from your floor at the same time sanitizing them. It uses steam from heated water to kill 99.9% of household germs.
It is thus safe to use around pets and kids since it does not utilize any commercial chemical for disinfecting.
- All in one steam cleaner and a vacuum cleaner for hard floors
- Equipped with Drop-IT Tank Technology that ensures your hands remain clean by not touching the tank t empty. The debris are simply pushed out with less effort.
- You can use either the reusable microfiber pads option or disposable pads or STEAMBOOST Tray and disposable pads for pet messes
- Utilizes a powerful cyclonic vacuum technology that captures pet hair and other debris
- Vacuum and steam clean pet messes at the same time
- Effectively collects pet messes and leaves floors clean and safe
- Your hands remain clean throughout the cleaning process
- Has a powerful suction
- Comes with a 2 Year warranty
- Feels heavy to drag around
- Trigger handle is not fixable when it stops working
Best Hardwood Floor Vacuum and Mop Combos of 2020: Buying Guide
What to look for when choosing a hardwood floor vacuum and mop combo
Here are important things to put in your mind before you buy your vacuum and mop combo.
1. Type of hard floor
Many combos will work on most types of hard floor in our homes such as tiles and laminate.
With a hardwood floor, you will have to be a bit careful with the type of machine to use. Hardwood floors are water sensitive and you need to be certain that the combo you choose does not leave a layer of water on the surface.
Your hardwood floor should also be completely sealed without any openings that can allow in some moisture or water. If this happens, your wood will start warping or decaying and in the long run you may be forced to replace the floor boards.
The ability of your cleaning combo to adapt to different function is important.
The main aim should be saving on time and minimize the hustle of using different sets of machines for same purpose. Therefore choose a combo that can vacuum and wash or steam at the same time without you incurring a lot of efforts.
Based on the type of floor or surface you are cleaning, the outcome should correlate with cost and power of the machine. It will be disgusting to purchase an expensive combo which will disappoint by the end of cleaning.
It automatic that your combos will be moved around during cleaning, transporting or storing. Too heavy machine will be cumbersome especially if the user is a senior citizen.
Cleaning areas above the floor requires light weight devices. Therefore, select your machine based on who is going to use, the cleaning area location and if you will be moving with it from one point to another.
While there are plenty of cleaning machines in stores, cost may vary depending on the features they have.
You may also discover that some features are not essential but they lead to an escalated price. It is important you take time to discover important features you need and thereafter you can make a choice based on the price.
You also need to factor in additional attachments such as cleaning pads and cleaning solution. Combos with washable pads and refillable solutions are economical in the long run.
5. Ease of use
Assembling of parts and control features are important factor you should not ignore. Products should have a user manual that directs the user on how to assemble and use.
Other important things to look at include location and accessibility of control pads and triggers. Those placed on the handle are easy to reach at and makes it easy to operate. The handle itself ought to be adjustable so that everyone regardless of their height can use comfortably.
The Bottom Line
Vacuum and mop combos are the best cleaning machines to have in your home.
Vacuuming helps in getting dust off hard floors and also filtering air around to remove unsighted particles that are health hazard. Moping is an effective way of getting rid of soil or sticky dirt from hard floors.
Steaming on the other hand helps in dealing with sticky dirt and in disinfecting surfaces by killing household germs. This does not use any chemical compound but rather steam from hot water.
Investing in a nice vacuum and mop combo will see your floors remain clean and beautiful all the time. When done correctly, cleaning with a vacuum and mop or steamer will save you time, make cleaning enjoyable and adds life to your hardwood floors.