Dayson vacuum cleaners were invented by James Dyson of England, who invented the cyclonic technology, upon which the cleaner relies. Most of the other several vacuum, cleaners also rely on this technology.
Dyson was the first to introduce a bagless vacuum cleaner, after which other brands embraced this model. Since then, Dyson has since then introduce other more advanced models like cordless, handheld, canister and upright. Here are the best Dyson for hard wood floors.
Which Dyson Vacuum is Best for Hardwood Floors?
Choosing the best cleaner among the wide variety of the Dyson cleaners is not easy; hence the discussion below will dwell on each of the different types of Dyson vacuum cleaners so that you can make an informed choice when buying one.
Based on versatility, technology and critical features, we found the following as the top rated Dyson vacuum cleaners:
Top 3 Most Effective
OUR TOP PICK
Although Dyson vacuum cleaners users have rated this as the second-best cordless stick vacuum cleaner, after Dyson V8 absolute cord-free stick vacuum cleaner, it is also rated the best Dyson cordless vacuum cleaner for hardwood floors.
But it this cleaner is not just meant for hardwood floors only; it can also clean the soft floor surfaces like carpets when you purchase the soft roller cleaner head separately to prevent scratching the floor. This makes it more expensive and advanced than its V6 predecessor that lacked this ability to be added to the soft roller cleaner head.
It has run time of about 40 minutes, which decreases on what mode you are using your cleaner on; whether the deep or light cleaning mode. It can be converted into a handheld for use in the hard to reach spaces below the furniture. This sis made possible by the use of a long rigid tube that is attached to it. It also has two cleaning modes; motorized and turbo modes.
Motorized cleaning is for the normal cleaning, while turbo cleaning mode is for deep cleaning during emergencies. What makes this cleaner more appealing is the fact it has a direct drive floorhead that ensures a thorough cleaning which means it picks even the smallest dust particles as well as pet hairs.
- It can clean so thoroughly, even the pet hairs.
- It is Suitable for multiple floors because of the separate soft roller cleaner.
- It has more suction power, making it suitable for light and light cleaning.
- The main put off with this cleaner is that it is more expensive, most probably because of the separate soft roller cleaner head. You also have to buy the separate soft roller cleaner head for you to use it on soft floor surfaces like on carpet.
Dyson vacuum cleaners have rated this as the best cordless Dyson vacuum cleaner be3cause of its amazing features. The fact that it is cordless makes it most suitable for cleaning raised surfaces like stairs, tricky and hard to clean surfaces like your PC keyboard or car floor.
Instead of a cord, it designed in such a way that you can adjust the handle from long to short, something that makes it suitable for cleaning even the hardest to reach surfaces like below the furniture, as well as raised surfaces.
This vacuum comes with two different head types, one for hard floor surfaces like hardwood, and the other one for soft floor surfaces like carpets. The cleaner is designed to keep running for around 40 minutes of uninterrupted cleaning time when it is on low cleaning mode.
But when you switch to the heavy-duty cleaning mode during emergency cleaning, it only lasts up to 7 minutes. It comes with HEPA filtration technology, which ensures that no piece of dirt particles or dust is left lying on the floor.
- It has an extra HEPA filtration, very effective for the tiniest dirt band dust.
- It has two interchangeable cleaning modes for deep and light cleaning.
- It has an adjustable handheld that makes it suitable for hard to reach and raised surfaces.
- Its running time is quite low on both modes; deep and light cleaning.
- It has a relatively smaller bin volume, which means that you will keep emptying it from time to time.
- It is not suitable for cleaning more square footage like a whole most probably because of its short period of running time of just 40 minutes.
Verdict: it is just an upgrade of its predecessor, V6. Although it cannot seem to do well compared to other Dysons, it still does a good job like a traditional vacuum cleaner.
This type of Dyson has more run time than its predecessor, V8, 56 minutes of non-interrupted run time, making it possible to clean more square footage in larger rooms.
This run time is for then motorized cleaning mode, while just 6 minutes run time is only for the maximum cleaning mode, which can happen during emergency cleaning. Its long stick makes the cleaner suitable for cleaning even in the most hidden surfaces of the room like under the furniture.
It weighs about 5.9lb and measures to about 49n inches, making it very light so that you can clean by holding it one hand. It has a clear plastic waste bin and has a trigger on the handle, making it very simple to operate, even on the carpet floor.
It does an excellent job on the tile floor, especially along the edges and corners, something that makes it very popular among most Dyson vacuum cleaners. Although it cannot compare with other Dysons that are more advanced and upgraded, it still does an excellent job of picking up dirt from the floor, including the smallest particles as well as debris.
- It has a longer run time than its predecessor, the V8.
- It is smaller in size and light in weight, making it easier to use with just one hand.
- Compared to its predecessor, the Dyson V8, the Dyson V10 has more suction power, making very effective for picking up dirt and pet hairs from the floor.
- It is relatively very expensive, which is way higher, compared to its performance.
- It lacks an ON/OFF button, and instead it has a trigger button on the handle and this makes it harder to use for people who do not have stronger hands.
- It is louder than most Dysons meaning that it is not suitable for quiet places like office floors.
This type of Dyson is cordless so that you can move around with it around different spots in the house, with ease. it has a motorized cleaning head that has hard bristles for cleaning through carpets and soft carbon fiber filaments for use on hardwood floors to avoid scratching and damages. It is also suitable for cleaning along the edges of a floor since its bristles cover the whole head, hence can roll around the edges.
The cleaner weighs just a few2 pounds and also comes in a smaller size that allows you to move it throughout different rooms in the house. This feature also makes it simple to use in hand, without getting tired. It also means that it does not require a lot of storage space, hence ideal for homes with just a limited amount of space.
To top it all, it has a convertible feature that allows you to turn it into a handheld so that you can clean the hard to reach areas of the house for example under the furniture. This is your most preferred choice of a Dyson if you are looking for the comfort of a handheld and cord-free vacuum cleaner in one package. What makes this cleaner so popular is from the fact that it is so cheap, besides its amazing features.
- It is cordless, hence less inconvenient for moving around.
- It is Suitable for cleaning different flooring materials.
- It is highly cheaper, compared to other Dyson cleaners.
- It can clean even along the edges of a floor.
- It has a smaller waste bin that requires frequent emptying.
- It has a relatively lower run time of just 20 minutes, compared to other Dysons.
- This, therefore, means that it will require frequent recharging during cleaning.
The handheld and the cleaning head are connected by one big ball called dime, which allows you to turn the cleaner in all directions, by just twisting your wrist. The cleaner also comes with a self-adjusting cleaner head that switches according to the type of flooring material.
The long reach hose and wand integrate in one single action that makes the cleaner suitable for cleaning the ceiling as well as hidden spots under the furniture. It is fitted with HEPA filtration technology that ensures maximum filtration so that your room stays clean as much as possible.
The filtration also picks allergens from the floor, hence keeping you from most allergies and some respiratory-related conditions like asthma. It relies on the radiant cyclone technology to pick up even the tiniest dirt particles and the finest dust from the floor.
Furthermore, you do not have to come into contact with the debris in the waste bin; you just press a button and the bin opens up so that you can empty the dirt into a dumpster. The manufacturer is so confident in the quality of the cleaner and that is why he gives a 5-year warranty on the cleaner.
- It helps protect you from the risks of allergens by eliminating all the allergens from your floor.
- It is suitable for multiple types of floors.
- It is fitted with HEPA filtration technology for maximum aeration.
- It is suitable for hard to reach spots on the floor and also on the ceiling, made possible by the wand and long to reach hose release action.
- Has a hygienic waste bin where you just press a button to release the dirt debris into a dumpster, without having to touch the yucky waste.
- It encompasses a radiant robot cyclone technology that ensures a thorough cleaning such that no dirt is left lying on your floor.
- It does not have a lift-away canister and this reduces its portability.
- Compared to other Dyson vacuum cleaners, this one is a little heavier, though still easy to use in high areas.
If you are looking for a Dyson with a great performance and at a relatively low price, then you have come to the right place since this has twice the suction power of any cordless vacuum and you get to shell out just a couple of hundred dollars. This high suction power ensures that it cleans your floor to the maximum, picking both the small and debris floor.
It Has a LED screen fort indicating the remaining time so that you can schedule your cleaning time effectively. It has a longer running time of about 60 minutes and this allows you to do your cleaning without many interruptions. However, the runtime will decrease, depending on the cleaning mode that you are operating on.
It has a high torque cleaner that adjusts automatically to accommodate multi types of flooring materials when operating on auto mode. It is suitable for cleaning pet hairs from the hardwood and carpet floors.
The good thing with this type of Dyson vacuum cleaner is that it can transform into a handheld so that you can reach even the out of reach surfaces like the ceiling and under the furniture. It also has a hygienic waste bin; meaning that you do not come into contact with the unsightly dirt debris, you just press a button to open the bin and empty the contents into a dumpster.
- It is cheaper, considering its amazing features.
- Has a hygienic emptying bin so that you are free from germs?
- You can monitor the remaining run time on the LED screen.
Has double suction power.
- It has a relatively higher run time.
- It is designed to automatically switch between the three cleaning modes.
- It is a little loud since it makes a high pitched whirring sound that can be very annoying.
- It is quite expensive compared to its predecessor Dyson V10.
Just like other Dyson ball vacuum cleaner, this one too relies on a ball technology that makes the cleaner maneuver in any direction when you twist your wrist a little. It comes with a tangle-free tool for cleaning the raised surfaces as well as on the furniture surfaces. It also comes with an extra too for cleaning the stairs, without tangling.
This cleaner is also suitable for hard to reach surfaces like the ceiling and below the furniture. Its suction power relies on the radiant cyclone technology to pick up dirt and dust particles from the floor surfaces. This ensures maximum suction of dirt, such that your floor is left sparkling clean.
Its cleaner part is made to adjust by itself when it comes into contact with different flooring material when cleaning.it also helps to automatically switch between the three different cleaning modes, depending on the texture of the flooring material.
Most importantly, it is fitted with a HEPA filtration system to allow for maximum filtration of the air, as well as removal of allergens from your floor and as well as the air around.
- Has more suction than most Dyson cleaners like its predecessor ball animal 2.
- It is rated the best Dyson vacuum for cleaning pet hair and allergens.
- Has extra cleaning tools for other types of cleaning.
- It has an extended run time.
- Has a hygiene emptying waste bin so that you do not have to touch the dirt.
- It is quite expensive, meaning you will shell out close to $500.
- It is a little heavier for an upright handheld.
- The extra cleaning tools can be a little headache to connect.
Best Dyson Vacuums for Hardwood Floors Buying Guide
You should be on the lookout for a vacuum with a self-adjusting cleaning head because this will switch automatically to soft microfiber filaments when it comes into contact with a hardwood floor. This will help protect the hardwood sealant layer from damage through scratching.
Furthermore, the cleaning head should be able to swivel in all directions when cleaning, to avoid dragging the cleaner so hard, while trying to turn it. If this was to happen, this would damage the hardwood floor through scratching.
Weight of the cleaner
When dealing with a hardwood floor, weight is a critical factor to put into consideration since too much of it could damage the floor. The pieces of wood could be disintegrated and the joints increased. To avoid this, look for a smaller and light Dyson cleaner, one that will not exert excessive weight on your hardwood floor.
Vacuum style is another important factor to consider when buying a Dyson cleaner for your hardwood floor. As we saw earlier in the discussion above, the vacuum style includes factors like the technology for sucking up dirt and dust, the filtration mode.
The best sucking technology will be the cyclone root technology, for maximum sucking, the HEPA filtration system will ensure maximum filtration and pick up bacteria and allergens from the floor, hence extending its lifespan.
Extra cleaning tools
To ensure that your hardwood floor is sparkling clean, you should look for a Dyson cleaner that comes with some extra separate cleaning tools. These do not come with every Dyson vacuum cleaners, but just a few, for example, the DC65 multi cleaner. These will help clean the most of your hardwood floor, regardless of its square footage.
A sparkling hardwood floor is not just appealing, but it is also healthy since allergens and bacteria will have no chances of thriving. This will also protect the wood from rotting, thus extending its lifespan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Dyson be used on Hardwood Floors?
Dyson cannot damage hardwood floors since they all come in self-adjusting cleaning head when they come into contact with a different floor material. The cleaning pad is made of soft microfiber for use on hardwood floors, to protect damaging the sealant.
The cleaning pad also has hard scrubbing bristles for use on hard stains on soft floor types like the carpet. Upon coming into contact with the hardwood floor, the cleaner automatically adjusts to the soft microfiber and lowers the hard bristles when it comes to cleaning soft floor types like a carpet.
All Dysons rely on cyclone root technology to suck up dirt and dust from the floor. This is instead of scrubbing the floor. It, therefore, means that your hardwood floor sealant will not be damaged or scratched by any means. The cleaners are also very light and small to ensure that they do not exert extra weight that could damage the hardwood floor.
How do I deep clean my Dyson vacuum?
A dirty vacuum can spread germs, allergens, dust and sometimes mold. Deep cleaning a vacuum after a cleaning job is an important thing to do. However, before cleaning, your tool, read the manufacturer’s guidelines to avoid. Here is how to clean your vacuum:
- Unplug the machine from power
- Empty the canister into the trash can
- Remove the canister and clean all dirt on the cyclone using a mild detergent
- Rinse the canister and wipe it dry
- Remove all the filters from the vacuum
- Rinse the filters under cold water as you turn it over
- Let the filters air dry completely before fixing them beck
- Clean the outside of a vacuum using a damp piece of cloth
Which Dyson attachment is for hard floors?
Articulating tool is designed for hard floors. It comprises of a swiveling brush head with an ultra-slim profile that easily reach tight and difficult spaces. The soft nylon brush sets of the tool are designed to effectively remove dust and allergens as they prevent suction leaks. These brushes are soft and gentle to protect wood, vinyl and other delicate floor coverings.
What tools are in the Dyson deep clean kit?
In the kit you will find dusting brush with pliable wider spaced bristle that is used to gently remove dust from delicate areas. There is also stiff angled bristle brush that creates a flicking motion during cleaning to agitate dirt from carpet and direct it into airflow.
Additionally you will have a multi-angled brush that is set in different angles to effectively clean high-up areas of home such as walls and ceiling.