Dust is a regular visitor in our homes. The dry fine particles of earth and other waste matters are usually airborne or trucked in under the soles or animal paws. Dust will notoriously settle on floors, ceilings, walls and other areas causing them to appear dirty.
Accumulation of dust on hardwood floors not only make them to appear dull but can also lead to scuff marks. Hard dust particles sand the floor surface as you walk around thus creating light marks. Dust can also cause allergies and other respiratory problems to household members and pets. It is therefore important to regularly clear dust from your floors.
Dusting of a hardwood floor is safely done using a dust mop or a soft bristle broom. It is not ideal to use a traditional broom that not only cause a cloud of dust in the air but also has capabilities of scratching the floor finish.
A dust mop also known as a dry mop consist of a microfiber material attached to a long handle meant to dust floors, walls and ceilings. A microfiber material is special fiber that attracts and hold onto dust.
A modern dust mop has a removable head that can be washed and be used again. It also has an adjustable handle to make it easy in reaching various heights. A dust mop should be used dry and not wet.
After using a dust mop it is good to shake the head to remove all debris, wash it and let it dry completely. This will see it serving perfectly for a longer time.
Dry mops are the most preferred compared to wet mops when dealing with a water sensitive surface such as a hardwood floor. There are plenty of dry mops for hardwood floors with different features. There are those that are round, rectangular, wide, narrow stiff or swivel.
Choosing your best dust mop for hardwood floor will depend on your budget, size and design of the floor and also versatility. In this guide, we have reviews of the top rated mops for perfect dusting. They include the following:
- Microfiber Wholesale Professional
- O-Cedar Dual Action Microfiber Dust Mop
- Turbo Microfiber Mop Hardwood Floor Cleaning & Washable Pads
- JINCLEAN 18” Microfiber Floor Mop
- O-Cedar Microfiber Flip Mop Damp/Dry All Surface Mop
- 1 5 Best Dust Mops for Hardwood Floors 2019 – Reviews
5 Best Dust Mops for Hardwood Floors 2019 – Reviews
In details let us analyze our pick based on users’ reviews, tests and experience:
1. Microfiber Wholesale Professional
This is a highly reliable microfiber head mop for both dry moping and wet mopping all kinds of hard floors for easy removal of all sorts of dirt. It comes with two wet mop pads and a dust pad. With 18 – inch mop head, it is very comfortable to use this cleaner for both heavy duty and light touch-ups.
18” Microfiber Wholesale Professional mop is made with a stainless steel handle attached to an aluminum frame. This makes it to withstand pressure and while scrubbing the surface. It is also a durability feature and can be used for a longer period of time without any problem.
For extra cleaning comfort, the handle is height-adjustable and you can mop without bending your back so much. Dusting or mopping under furniture and hard-to-reach areas with this device is also not a big deal thanks to its head that swivels 360 degrees.
After using or when the pads are heavily soiled, the heads are machine washable. This creates convenience and saves on cost of replacing pads. Extra pads for replacement are also available and can be easily purchased when needed.
- Ideal for dry and wet mopping of all hard surfaces
- Comes with a lot of goodies such as 2 microfiber wet pads, 1 microfiber dust mop pad and 2 extra microfiber cloths for cleaning other surfaces such as counter tops.
- Suitable for heavy duty and light cleanings thanks to its 18” head, strong handle and frame
- Made of stainless steel and aluminum thus sturdy and durable
- Not easy to use in tight corners and small areas due to its large size
- Requires a lot of energy when scrubbing textured floors and grooves
- After several uses, the microfiber struggles to pick dust and dirt
This is a versatile and quality dust mop with a microfiber head that satisfactory cleans hard surfaces and removes every dirt, including pet hair. With its reasonable price, we recommend this as one of the best for regular cleaning of your home.
2. O-Cedar Dual-Action Microfiber Sweeper Dust Mop
Equipped with a dense microfiber head, most people, especially pet owners found it the most ideal for regular touch up and cleaning of dust, hair and others debris. Dog or cat hair commonly piles in corners and under furniture and cabinets, removing it has become easy with this device.
The handle can tilt and makes it freely to swivel under such tight areas as the microfiber head picks up dust and fur with ease. This O-Cedar Eco-friendly device has machine washable pads and can be used many times before replacing them.
- Can smoothly clean tight areas and baseboards due to its flexible microfiber head
- Mop head can be machine washed for at least 40 times before thinking of replacement
- Versatile and effective on all kinds of dirt including hair and dust
- Weak connection between the head and handle and can be a problem with time.
Very affordable and effective cleaner for dust and pet hair in any home. It is worth having it for general touchups and regular cleaning of your wood floors.
3. Turbo Microfiber Mop Hardwood Floor Cleaning & Washable Pads
This mop comes with two microfiber heads for wet and dry mopping and two scrubbing pads for all hard floors including wood. With its thick microfiber head, all dirt and pet hair are cleared in a single smooth sweep. Made with a strong and lightweight aluminum pole and a metal head this cleaner is durable and can be used with ease due to its lightweight.
While using, you can rotate the head at 360 – degrees for maneuverability. The swivel head makes it comfortably get and clean under furniture. The rectangle heads easily fits in corners for cleans all dirt there. Reusable pads are machine washable, Eco-friendly and can be replaced when worn out.
- Turbo mop offers faster cleaning
- Lightweight thus easy to carry and use
- Machine washable pads thus economical
- Deep cleans and polish for better results
- Thorough on pet hair, dust and debris
- Pads get worn out after many times of use
This is a versatile, sturdy and an effective mop for dusting, wet moping and scrubbing. It has outperformed many mops and thus ideal for cleaning your home.
4. JINCLEAN 18″ Microfiber Floor Mop
This is another versatile cleaning tool that is thorough in cleaning dust, hair and other debris with it’s entirely microfiber head. It has an adjustable handle thus easy to use at various heights.
JINCLEAN 18″ Microfiber Floor Mop has a two sided cleaning pad. One side of the microfiber pad is super-fine and ideal for lighter touch-ups and polishing. The others ultra-absorbent chenille side is basically for thorough cleaning.
It is lightweight and can be comfortable to use on above surfaces such as walls and ceilings. With a 360 degrees swivel heal, you can clean anywhere with ease including under furniture and corners. The head pads are machine washable and can be replaced when required.
- Machine washable pads offers convenience
- Lightweight and can be used on upper surfaces
- 100% microfiber head with a two sided cleaning pad for thorough cleaning
- Adjustable pole and 360 – degrees swivel head for accessing tight areas.
- The head and pole junction may loosen with time
- The handle looks delicate
Easy to use and thorough on different types of dirt on hardwood floors. This is an Eco-friendly mop you should have in your home.
5. O-Cedar Microfiber Flip Mop Damp/Dry All Surface Mop
This flip mop can be used dry or damp on hardwood floors with great results. The microfiber head is tough on dirt, hair and grime but gentle on woof finish. This lightweight device has a swivel joint thus easy to maneuver.
The mop is designed to flip from side to side and you can scrub dirt with one side and use the other for polishing. The washable microfiber pad can be used over 50 times before replacing.
- Offers both deep cleaning and polishing due to its flipping nature
- The microfiber pads are machine washable thus economical
- Effective on dust and hair on hardwood floors
- When pads get worn out, it becomes ineffective on hair
Being a mop and a duster, it is ideal for general cleaning of your hardwood floors. Therefore one of the best to purchase.
Cleaning a hardwood floor is simple and easy when you use the right device. If you find dust mops unsuitable for cleaning you can advance to vacuum cleaners with soft brush attachment for hardwood floors. Keeping your wood floors clean protects the sheen and makes them to last longer.